JIPMER 2021 examination is a national level entrance exam organized by the Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research, Puducherry. Through this exam, candidates can seeking admissions into undergraduate medical MBBS programme.
JIPMER 2021 Highlights
Jawaharlal Institute of Postgraduate Medical Education & Research
Mode of Exam
Type of Questions
Multiple Choice Questions
2 hours 30 minutes
Number of Questions
JIPMER 2021 Important Dates
|Release of online application form||1st week of March 2021|
|Last date for application form submission||2nd week of April 2021|
|Admit card release date||4th week of May 2021|
|Exam Date||1st week of June 2021|
|Release of merit list||3rd week of June 2021|
|Commencement of counseling||Last week of June 2021|
|2nd round of counseling||4th week of July 2021|
|3rd round of counseling||3rd week of August 2021|
|Final round of counseling||Last week of September 2021|
JIPMER 2021 Eligibility Criteria
Candidates must qualify 10+2 with 50% marks, 45% for OPH- general category and 40% for all reserved category candidates.
Candidates must be completed 17 years of age at the time of admission. There will be no upper age limit to apply.
Nationality: Indian national & Overseas Citizen of India (OCI) category candidates will be eligible for the examination.
JIPMER 2021 Application Form and Fee
Application Form will be released through the online mode in the first week of March 2021.
- While filling application form, candidates will have to fill all required personal & academic details.
- It is mandatory to provide valid/ working email ID & phone number in the application form.
- Candidates must also upload passport size photograph & signature in the prescribed format in the application form.
- Students have to take the print out of the JIPMER 2021 Application Form confirmation page.
|UR & P-UR||Rs. 1500/-|
|OBC & P-OBC||Rs. 1500/-|
|SC/ ST & P-SC/ ST||Rs. 1200/-|
|NRI/ OCI||Rs. 3000/-|
It will be submitted via online mode.
Mode of Payment:
- Credit card
- Debit card
- Net banking
JIPMER 2021 Exam Pattern
Mode of Exam: Online (computer-based) mode.
Number of Questions: There will be 200 questions
Tpye of Question: Multiple Choice Questions.
Medium of Exam: English
Number of sections: There will be 5 sections.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks will be awarded.
- For every wrong answer, 1 mark will be deducted.
Subject Wise Distribution of Question and Marks:
|Subject||No. of questions||Maximum marks|
|English Language & Comprehension||10||40|
|Logical & Quantitative Reasoning||10||40|
JIPMER 2021 Syllabus
- Electromagnetic Induction & Alternating Current
- Dual Matter of Nature
- Current Electricity
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electronic Devices
- Magnetic Effect of Current
- Atoms & Nuclei.
- Laws of Motion
- Electronic Waves
- Solid State Electronics
- Atomic & Nuclear Physics
- Surface Chemistry
- Ketones and Carboxylic Acid, Aldehydes
- Phenols and Ethers
- P Block Elements
- Isolation of Elements
- Halo Alkanes and Haloarenes
- Solid State
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogen
- Chemical Kinetics
- Coordination Compounds
- D & F Block Elements.
- Basic Concepts of Chemistry
- Elements and Periodicity, Thermodynamics
- Chemical Equilibrium
- Principles & Techniques of Organic Chemistry
- Surface Chemistry
- Cell Structure and Function
- Human Physiology
- Plant Physiology
- Structural Organization in Plants and Animals
- Genetics and Evolution
- Diversity in Living Organisms
- Biology and Human Warfare
- Ecology & Environment
- Diversity in Living World
- Biological Classification
- Section A: Reading Unseen Passages and Note-Making
- Section B: Writing Skills
- Section C: Literature and Long Reading
- Coding and Decoding
- Figure Completion Test
- Blood Relationships
- Number and Alphabetical Series
- Theme Detection
- Quantitative Aptitude
JIPMER 2021 Books Reference
- JIPMER Medical 15 Years’ Solved Papers (by Arihant publication)
- Topic Wise Solved Papers for Medical Entrance (by Disha publication)
- Fundamental Physics by Pradeep
- Concepts of Physics by HC Verma
- Chapter-wise Explorer JIPMER (by MTG publication)
- Organic Chemistry by OP Tandon
- Physical Chemistry by Peter Atkins
- Objective Chemistry (by MTG publication)
- Inorganic Chemistry by JD Lee
- Objective Biology (by MTG publication)
- Objective Physics (by MTG publication)
- Biology of Pradeep Publication
- Biology Volume 1 and 2 by Trueman
- Guide to English Proficiency, Logic and Quantitative Reasoning for JIPMER with Past and Practice Papers (by Disha publication)
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card
JIPMER 2021 Admit Card will be released in the third week of May 2021 and available via online mode.
To download admit card, candidates will have to enter their application number & date of birth.
- Name & date of birth
- Photograph & Signature
- Roll number
- Exam City
- Exam Timing
JIPMER 2021 Result
The result of JIPMER 2021 exam is expected to be released in the month of June 2021.
The score card will be published separately for various categories.
The JIPMER Result 2021 will contain the merit list and the merit list will contain the name of the shortlisted candidates, roll number, date of birth, total percentile scored.
Steps to Download JIPMER Score Card:
Step 1: Go to the official website of JIPMER www.jipmer.edu.in
Step 2: Open th link “EXAMINATION”.
Step 3: Click the link “JIPMER MBBS Entrance Examination”.
Step 4: Click Download Result.
Step 5: Enter your User ID and Password.
Step 6: Download and Save it
JIPMER Previous Year's Cutoff
Other Backwards Classes
Other Backwards Classes
GEN UR OPH
JIPMER 2021 Counselling
The counselling will be started in the month of June. There will be maximum of 3 rounds for the counseling.
Step 1: Firstly, do your registration.
Step 2: After That, Bio metric Finger Print Verification.
Step 3: Image/ Photo Verification
Step 4: Certificate Verification
Step 5: Counselling
Category-Wise Seat Distribution:
Number of Seats
NRI / OCI